Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maternity Leave has Ended

I was supposed to go back to work tonight and I was doing ok all day until about a 1/2 hour before Ashley got home from work and I just started crying.  Sometimes it seems so silly to me to care so much because I am only going to be working two 12-hour shifts a week (yes, I did end up cutting back a little after my last post), but I didn't realize how in love and connected I could be to such a little guy.  I always just kind of blew it off when I heard about other people dreading going back to work after having a baby, but now I totally understand.  However, the good thing is, I got released tonight so I don't go back for another 2 days!  Now on Friday I will know there is no chance of me being released and the dreaded day will not be skirted again.

These past 3 months have been the most rewarding, amazing months of my life.  I wouldn't trade them for a thing.  I asked Ashley what I did in the past 3 months because they seemed to have flown by and he put it perfectly.  He said, "You spent every moment possible with Jude".  And for that I am thankful.

Jude has been doing some great things lately.  He has started rolling over from front to back, he sleeps usually 8 to 9 hours every night, he giggles at his dad's silly faces, and he loves when I read him books.  It is fun to watch how he takes in new things every day and how he just loves life.

Here is a recent picture of him.  Doesn't his smile just put one on your face?  I feel so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment