Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

A new year.  Going into 2010, Ashley and I had many dreams of expanding our family and we were filled with anxious anticipation of how great 2010 was going to be.  As described in my earlier posts, the year was filled with many unexpected losses, but I wouldn't say it was a bad year.  It was a year of growth, a year of learning to depend on God, and a year of learning what love really meant.  Ashley and I learned to love each other more, I learned to love a kid I barely new like a mother would, and I learned that I am surrounded by people and my Heavenly Father who love me more than I could ever fathom.  A lot of people walk away from each year saying they hope for a better year to come, but honestly I wouldn't change 2010.  I am thankful for the dark days I walked through because had I not I wouldn't be able to grasp the blessings God has given me.  As 2011 starts, I pray that the outcome of this pregnancy is different, but I also pray that I remember that through joy and pain God doesn't let go.  I don't want to characterize each year as good or bad, instead I hope to walk away from each year knowing I continually drew closer to God in every aspect of my life.

The new year also marked a milestone for my little baby boy.  I am now 20 weeks along.  Halfway there.  I am so incredibly thankful for this.  In a few days I have another ultrasound and I am looking forward to getting another glimpse of my sweet boy growing and kicking.  Below is a picture of my growing belly at 20 weeks.  I have taken a few pictures over the past 20 weeks and I always tend to think I look stupid in them.  But for all who have wanted to see my baby bump, here you go.


I also had to break down and buy my first pair of maternity jeans.  Though I can still wear some of my pants, these are so much more comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment