Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Amazing Grandma and Randomness

I had a great time with my mom today.  "Grandma Cindy" came to South Bend and we bought fabric for her to make the entire bedding set for our nursery.  I couldn't find anything I absolutely loved, so we are partially replicating a design I saw online for a fraction of the price.  I am so blessed to have a mom that is an amazing seamstress who can take 7 different fabrics and make it into exactly what I want.  She said she is glad she has 4 months to do this, but I know she will be done with it in 2, because she is so excited to have a project she can start on for Baby Swanson.  I will definitely post pictures when she is done with her masterpiece.  I am so excited!

However, as excited as I am to start this, I still have a little fear in the "what ifs".  This is the first big purchase we have made for our baby and since it is so personal and so time consuming it scares me to think how I would feel having all this meaningful stuff if something happens to our baby.  But, as Ashley said, I can't keep living life scared and we eventually have to get things around for the baby, so this is a start!

I am still feeling the little guy move quite a bit.  I love every second he moves and I am so blessed to feel him.  It definitely puts a smile on my face every time and I can even see him move in my stomach if I am sitting still.  I love it!  I also have been swimming lately.  I actually regret never swimming before I got pregnant because I truly enjoy it.  It is a great workout, but I never feel the normal aches and pains I felt when I was running a lot.  I am definitely going to work towards doing some type of triathlon after I have this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment