Saturday, May 14, 2011

So in Love

As I sit here and type I am currently holding the most precious miracle in my arms.  Jude Elliott Swanson was born on May 13, 2011 at 2:12am, weighing 7lbs 15oz and measuring in at 21 1/2 inches.  He is absolutely perfect in my eyes.  I never thought it would be possible to love someone so much, so quickly.  He has a head full of dark hair and chubby cheeks, which he takes after me as a newborn.  But the best thing is his disposition, he is so content with life and I am sure he got that from his daddy. 

As a quick update on the labor (minus the gory details), I was at work and contracting a little bit stronger than I had over the past month, but I was still taking care of my patients and walking around laughing.  They felt a little different then what I had been experiencing before, but I was also on my feet and busy and it had been normal for me to contract like that at work the weeks prior.  But at about 11:30pm my charge nurse convinced me to go to triage and get checked.  I walked over there and at about midnight they checked me and I was at 3cm, but the nurse thought I seemed comfortable enough that the doctor may send me home.  However, the doctor decided to admit me, which was a very good thing.  Things progressed quickly and by 2:12am I delivered Jude with no epidural or any other type of pain medicine.  I didn't do that to be a hero, but it was simply that he wanted to come quickly and there was no time to even think about it.  The doctor barely made it to the delivery, which I think freaked Ashley out quite a bit, but all was well and we have a beautiful boy because of it. 

So I will post pictures at a later time.  But thanks to everyone for the prayers and love as I have shared my journey on this blog.  Jude is one lucky guy to have so many people love him so much.

Thank you Lord for your amazing grace and love as You have carried us through this pregnancy and may You continue to surround us with Your love as we try to raise Jude in a God-fearing manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment