Sunday, November 6, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

It's kind of sad that the spirit of thankfulness is usually only at the forefront of my mind when November approaches and Thanksgiving is around the corner.  I have a lot to be thankful for all year, but I often forget to recognize my many blessings. With that being said, I'm going to write a list of many reasons I'm thankful this year.

I'm thankful that through painful experiences in my life, I have been able to see the joy in them through time and with God's mercy.

I'm thankful for the ability to wake up every day and kiss my son good morning.

I'm thankful for a husband that loves me unconditionally.

I'm thankful to have a husband that I can love unconditionally.

I'm thankful for friends who laugh with me and cry with me.

I'm thankful for the journey God is taking our family and the River Park Grace team on.

I'm thankful for the ability to love God freely.


Wow, I could keep going and I'm also so undeserving.  My prayer is that as Thanksgiving comes and goes, I continue to remember the many reasons I am thankful and to not get caught up in being disappointed by what I think I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment