Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Don't Take Things for Granted

Over the past year I have had several friends who have lost people close to them and many times I have been at a loss for words on how to comfort them.  I have had a friend lose her brother, another one lose her full-term baby, another friend lose a son they were so close to adopting, and then another lose her husband.  These are all girls my age who have experienced such devastating heartache and pain.  And I can't help but wonder why these wonderful, sweet, loving individuals have to endure losing someone so dear to their hearts.  I can't answer why and I can't understand it, but I can learn to not take for granted my sisters, my baby, my husband.  I would never wish the heartache of losing a loved one on anyone, but I do encourage everyone, including myself, to learn from this.  Hug your child a little tighter, say you love your spouse before going to bed, cherish the moments you have with your siblings.  These devastating circumstances have made me realize I am incredibly blessed and I should not take one minute for granted that I have to spend with my child, my husband, my family, or my friends.  And as I remember how blessed I am, may I continue to pray for the people who have lost someone dear to their hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminded me of this other blog (http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/02/everything/) that I read a few days ago. The reason your friends can cope through the devastation is because, in reality, family is not everything. It's a lot, but it's not everything. God fills those spaces somehow, some way, and heals the wounds from the loss. Thank goodness He does. And the best part for those of us looking in, is that we get the chance to help heal that hurt.

    ReplyDelete